CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 6, 2008

Man (or woman) in the mirror

Sorry for the delay in posting another blog topic. I’ve taken some time for personal reflection in order to identify the kinks or areas for improvement in my personal armor.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I have identified some ‘stuff’ inside of me that needs to be purged in order to achieve the ultimate personal happiness and satisfaction in life. In my BC (aka before Christ) days I often struggled with looking at everything from a myopic perspective, which simply means that I was selfish :). Due to my current life schedule inclusive of work, ministry, relationship and school, this trait has become even more noticeable. I am now forced to acknowledge the man who I now see in the mirror. The good thing is I now recognize my shortcomings. The bad thing is I may lose some things in the process :).

Workplace topic of the day…

When is the last time you took a look at the man/woman in the mirror? What did you notice?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This topic is right on time for me!! There comes a time, particularly in your Christian walk, when you have to ask yourself am I the image of Christ? When people see me, do they see me or do they see Jesus? Do my thoughts create a life of obedience? Am I accountable for my actions . . . and the list can go on and on.

When I look in the mirror I see a person who is not whole. I see a person who seeks the face of God, but is not ready to transform at the sound of his voice. I see a person that needs to adjust, give up; let loose some folks, some material things in order to deny myself. Self is usually what keeps me, and you, from hearing what God is really saying. We create such a world where we have everything the way we want it, how we want it and when we want it that we forget it’s not about us. We are saved so that we may serve Him!

Keep up the good work Min. Kenny!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful testimony....."To thine own self be true" ... that's my motto!

Hey, you know what: A WISE man once told me, "keep praying and remain observant so you don't miss His voice". I want to offer you that same advice. If you need to rearrange your life for your relationship, your ministry, school or whatever the case may be, please take the advice of that very wise man......I guarantee you will find your answer and may not lose ANYTHING in the process.

May God continue to bless you in this ministry and may he enlarge your territory to the masses....