CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

4 Mistakes Women Make in Relationships

Here is an interesting perspective shared by a Chicago Pastor.

Chicago, IL (BlackNews.com) - In his first cover story for a national magazine, 33-year-old Pastor Patrick Shaffer speaks candidly about some of today's most pressing social issues. Featured in the October/November issue of Being Single magazine, the divorced Pastor of Chicago's City of Faith Christian Church openly discussed his effort to fight AIDS in the Black community and what he sees as the top 4 mistakes many women make in relationships.

While most Christian churches subscribe to the ideology that single Christians should not engage in sex before marriage, Pastor Patrick doesn't whole-heartedly agree with the traditional school of thought:

"Abstinence is the first verse of a whole song," Shaffer told Being Single. "With the majority of my congregation being women, I cannot preach a message that's strictly abstinence only. I believe it would be irresponsible to ignore the reality of people's lives and the HIV/AIDS statistics in our community," he said.

In the article, Shaffer says the Church has "blood on its hands" regarding the AIDS crisis due to the fact that it has "failed to have bold and courageous conversations about sex and sexuality."

On the issue of relationships, Shaffer told the magazine that there are four mistakes women often make:
1.) They see relationships as the answer to all their problems.
2.) They usually give up too much too soon, such as sex, money and their hearts.
3.) They get involved with men who are not their equal believing they can change them.
4.) Too many women exude a poor self-image. According to Pastor Patrick, "When a woman doesn't see herself as valuable, she will attract like-minded people into her life."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can TOTALLY identify with these mistakes due to the fact that I made them myself. However, in light of my past errors, words can't explain the gratitude I have for my deliverance that has been upon me for the past year. Personally, I had to surrender it all to Christ in order to began the transition to where HE wants me. When you TOTALLY give WHATEVER to Christ, he will speak. In my personal journey, there are very recent sermons, The Word for you Today, books, and certain individuals that the Lord has spoken through to speak to me. Thank you Father for placing these anointed people and things "in my path". Truly, I am speechless and BEYOND grateful.....

As for Pastor Shaffer, I can identify with fighting a cause, but God's word can't be altered or preached any other way but how it is written. I don't have the answer aside for obeying his word. If the message of what marriage REALLY means as opposed to "getting your groove on" was in the hearts and minds of more women, we would think twice. When I began to wonder in my mind, I pray for help.......Marriage is a sacred bond joining a man and woman who GOD has put together. I am waiting for God this time. No if's, and's, but's or maybe's. If we say we trust his judgement, why can't be wait for the mate? I wonder if men and women get so caught up in pleasing each other sexually, that they miss the mark. If God places two people together, doesn't that mean they will BE compatible in every way?

I know I was not given the gift of Paul--to remain single. In this regard, I have not choice but to wait on the Lord. Here is the real truth, he may want me to stay single........(Oh Lord! PLEASE help me if that is the case-smile). I guess what I am saying is focusing on our purpose (saving souls) could help in those "lonely moments.....I am praying for myself and all women in this regard.

Have a glorious day......