CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Reality Check of Life

A common theme in our modern-day society is romance and love have both faded away. Why? Because people are now too busy to care about anyone else but themselves. Why is this detrimental? Because the love that once solidified the household of our grandparents has now been traded-in for 12-hour workdays, quarterly bonus checks and promotions. It's no wonder why many of our households are falling apart in the midst of a time when togetherness, family and love should be cherished at an all-time high. Am I guilty? You bet I am! It has taken some recent episodes and situations in my life to recognize that life is passing me by and I am still consumed by many of the same 'things' that consumed me 5 years ago.

I find myself so busy with the cares of the world that I am blind to the opportunities God is placing in my path to move forward with His purpose for my life. Is this a bad thing? Not really. I would only consider it detrimental if I never came to myself in this God-illuminated reality. I praise God for His illuminating power!

I personally desire love, marriage and family just like the majority of the people I counsel and minister to regularly. One of my mentors advised me to pour into the areas that I want to see grow and starve the areas I would like to see fade away. I will definitely put that advice into practice from this day forward :).

I would like to offer the same advice to you. If you desire certain things in life, then pray, plan and position yourself around people who can help you reach your goals. Life is too short to waste precious time (James 4:14) and not take advantage of the opportunities placed in your path.

What is it that you desire? How bad do you want it? Has God given you clearance to pursue it? Do you have people in your corner who can help you achieve it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My "Reality Check of Life"--mmmmmmmm.....I had to walk away from the computer to completely internalize this one....

First, let me saying how awe-inspiring it is to witness your "God-illuminated reality". When you are free, you are free indeed. My reality........How does a 43 year old, pending-divorced women move forward? Does the Lord desire for me to remarry AND if so, bless me with a Christian man who possess the love I NEED and am more than willing to reciprocate? I am so honest with myself that at times I SCARE me! In addition to my spiritual worries, I haunt myself with another "Realtity Check of Life".......A 43-year old, divorced mother of two teenagers is not the most "appealing billboard". Am I having a "pity party"? NO WAY....Just touching on the truth of my situation. The beauty in ALL of this is the one thing I KNOW, without a doubt, that I possess and that is faith. Whatever God's plan for my life, I accept with a grateful heart.

Minister Kenny, I totally agree with positioning yourself around others who can help. I'm just "unsure" of what's in my path at this present time. However, I know that God will give me clarity as I have been put in the position to meditate on him "literally" both day and night.

I pray that he blesses you with your desires as I seek his face for the realtiy of my OWN life

God bless.......