CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Devotional - Grace and Mercy

Below is a devotional written by a Chat Kafe contributor...


I had a conversation with a friend yesterday and it was explained that they felt at though God has forgotten about them. I can honestly say that I have had those same feelings from time to time and have had to go back a trace my steps to figure out why I was feeling that way. God places us in situations to show His strength. Not sure what message it was I heard, but the preacher was saying when you are at your weakest point the enemy should beware and watch out. God show out when we are weak so long as we surrender to Him. Had it not been for his grace where would I be was the question I asked myself this morning. Those times when we doubt God, those times when we’re feeling alone are the times we should cry out and seek His face. God’s good grace has sustained us this far, why should it fail us now!

“But as soon as they were at peace, your people again committed evil in your sight, and once more you let their enemies conquer them. Yet, whenever you people turned and cried to you again for help, you listened once more from heaven. In your wonderful mercy, you rescued them many times! You warned them to return to your Law, but they became proud and obstinate and disobeyed your commands. They did not follow your regulations, by which people will find life if only obey. They stubbornly turned their backs on you and refused to listen. In your love, you were patient with them for many years. You sent your Spirit, who warned them through the prophets. But still they wouldn’t listen! But in your great mercy, you did not destroy them completely or abandon them forever. What a gracious and merciful God you are!” Neh. 9:28-31

Though the problems in our lives seem to come back and if we were serving someone in the world they would have written us off by now. Our friends would get tired of hearing the same old stories and the same issues, but I know I am glad that I serve a God that allows me to come to his throne with the same garbage, the same issues and the same mess to receive his grace in my situation. You have to be willing to seek God and His instruction in whatever difficulty you have in life and be ready to adjust your behavior according to his instruction.

--Anonymous

No comments: