CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Interesting Perspective of Love

Here is an article written by author Deepak Chopra that was sent to me by a friend. I think it has some points you may find interesting.

**********
Love is not just a sentiment. Love is the ultimate truth at the heart of creation. Any relationship that’s based on need is doomed for failure. And any relationship that is based on playfulness leads to ecstasy. When you have the intoxication of love, your body makes dopamine, opiates, serotonin, and oxytocin. These hormones are not only antidepressants, and induce a subjective sense of euphoria, but they’re also immunomodulators. They modify, modulate, and fortify your immune system, so you’re a much healthier person. When people are experiencing either the giving or receiving of love, their body starts to self-regulate and restore homeostasis, which means that all your body systems are performing at a peak level. Our meaning and context in life come from relationships. In the absence of relationships, we don’t even exist. A bad relationship is one in which there is controlled manipulation, where people need constant approval and reinforcement that they are liked or loved -- in other words, where there is a lot of insecurity.

Please visit http://advice.eharmony.com/article/deepak-chopra-what-ive-learned-about-love.html to see the remainder of this article.

Brought to you by Chat Kafe, http://chatkafe.blogspot.com








Google Groups

Subscribe to Chat Kafe

Email:

Visit this group

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To personally parallel this to my life, I would definitely say that my self-worth took a "beating" over the years. However, I am delighted to say that along with this site and the encouragement of my family and friends, I "see my value". My past is just that, my past. I am moving forward and hope only to encourge anyone to NOT experience what I did. If so, surround yourself with positive influences. I have never been an arrogant person, but I do know my value and worth. I just want to keep it Christ centered and not "puffed". At times, I choose to "reinact" my situation to a close family member who has not communicated with me in a while. I know that I am healed because I can "laugh" about everything now. If they say something positive to me, yes, it absolutely moves me..I don't necessarily look for those validations, it's just great to every once in a while hear something "nice" from someone who REALLY LOVES you. I look in the mirror daily and say......YOU GO GIRL........