CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2009...A Year of Change!

2008 is coming to a close and many of us have had years filled with either successes and accomplishments or failures and disappointments. Whichever experience you can relate to, remember life is a continuous learning process that will mature you. I can personally testify that 2008 has been filled with learning experiences in EVERY area of my life. To be honest, 2008 may have been one of the most challenging years I have ever experienced because God pruned me in areas I never intended on dealing with. Despite it all, no matter how many bumps and bruises I received this year, I still give God praise because He has given me new points of reference for my life. I celebrate each of the challenges He has helped me overcome and realize that all things are possible through His grace and renewed mercies. Because of my 2008 experiences, I can now say that my professional, financial, relationship, social and ministry lives will all be better.

During my time of reflection I was reminded of a message my pastor preached a couple years ago titled “Breaking the Holding Pattern!” Each of us can take something away from his sermon because it focused on ways to change the various areas of your life. In order to “Break the Holding Pattern” in your life you must be willing to:

1. Go in a New Direction – You can’t keep doing things the same way expecting a different result. This principle applies to every area of your life. You can’t keep spending money the same way expecting your savings to increase. You can’t keep dating the same type of people who don’t appreciate you and expect to find love. You can’t expect to not retool yourself and expect a job promotion. You can’t expect to be blessed when you neglect the One who is the distributor of all blessings.
2. Garner a New Disposition – You have to be willing to change your perspective of life. You have to understand that you are a child of King and should view yourself as such. Don’t allow fear in your life because it is not of God and provides too much leverage and credit to the enemy. God is able to accomplish great and mighty things in your life if you only believe. All you have to do is remain focused on the Lord and allow Him to direct your path. In order to experience results you have never had before, you must be willing to go places and do things you have never done before.
3. Gain a New Determination – Realign the goals that motivate you and your existence. No more desire for material things! No more desire for selfish power! No more desire for superficial things! No more desire to covet things that don’t belong to you! What God has for you…it is for you. Remain courageous through the process and focus on your commitment to God. All things you chase for personal gain can be taken away in an instant. However, only the things you do for Christ shall last forever.
4. Follow the Guide to your New Destination – You have to remember God is the One who guides you through the ups and downs of life. No matter what you have gone through, it is imperative to remember God presides over your life. He will not put more on you than you can handle in life. Everything you go through should be used to give Him glory and to serve as a testimony to others who may be going through a similar experience. You can rest assured that through this journey called life, the Lord will provide for you, He will protect you and He will preserve you. For evidence of His preservation power, please look at yourself in the mirror. As you look in the mirror, be reminded that you don’t reflect all that you have been through this year. That is preservation power!

As you enter into 2009, please make sure you leave all 2008 baggage behind. This includes activities, relationships and habits that don’t add value to your life. Remember, life-change can be like a band-aid when you remove it. It hurts temporarily, but the wound underneath is hopefully healed enough for you to go forward in life!

Here are some excerpts from the “Breaking the Holding Pattern” sermon preached by Pastor Craig Oliver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57I8HMSCWnY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E2lUz8bufQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TESNjx8zBzQ

Brought to you by Chat Kafe, http://chatkafe.blogspot.com








Google Groups

Subscribe to Chat Kafe

Email:

Visit this group

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome KP....

Hands down, 2008 was the WORST year of my life....HOLD UP...WAIT A MINUTE....It was also the BEST year too!!!

The best?.....God's healing power over my sickness....my spiritual growth...my personal relationship with JC.....my FAITH definitely increased...sermons that were OFF THE HOOK with confirmation....and of course, meeting KP/interacting with IMAGE. I now realize the latter came at a crucial time in my life which resulted in a turning point for me. I, of course, still experienced "peaks and valleys" during this time, but know in my heart I would not have confronted half of my issues had I not met the "Relationship Expert"! I have NO qualms about stating that you are multi-talented, gifted and blessed.

I can't wait to see how God will "use you", as well as each of us, in '09!!!!

All I can say is "thank you".....