CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Waiting Room

Here is an article that I think will bless all of the women who are unmarried, but desire to be married one day.


I want to write to encourage the ladies who like me are in the Waiting Room in life. While we are waiting we are working, studying, excelling, growing, enjoying life and in anticipation are not able to enjoy marriage. We know it's God's will that we enjoy the best that He has available for us so we wait. We wait...not with arms folded, eyes rolling, not sitting down doing nothing, but we wait... This season is the best season to seek to understand who God is and who we are. Our relationship should be so close that we can hear Him whisper, truly know His voice, character and His word. Our prayer and worship time should be passionate and our concern as Paul said, should be to do the work of the Lord in ministry. While we are waiting we should be searching...not for a man but for understanding.

This is such an encouragement that my husband is en route…he is not late, he is not lost, he was not taken by another. He will come so I don’t have to become impatient or try to make this happen. I can wait in patience and with the right attitude. The Amplified version of Hebrews 10:35-36 says “35 Do not, therefore, fling away your fearless confidence, for it carries a great and glorious compensation of reward. 36 For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God, and thus receive and carry away [and enjoy to the full] what is promised.” This encourages me to believe in God and hold on to my trust in His promise concerning my spouse-to-be. My Adam is a reward! The Contemporary English Version of Hab 2:3 says this about waiting for what God has said will come: 3At the time I have decided, my words will come true. You can trust what I say about the future. It may take a long time, but keep on waiting-- it will happen!"

Vision? What has God shown you about your spouse? What word has He spoken about that mate? I asked God many years ago to tell me about my husband. Since He has been very clear, I am not to settle for any less than the one He has already selected, He has given me the strength, confidence and peace to wait for that one! He has revealed so many things about me: my purpose, destiny and ministry while I have been getting to know Him. These things helped me to understand the vision He has shown me of my spouse: not so much the physical but the spiritual, emotional, the character, the important stuff..... I am in the waiting room in this season of life, but I am busy in the Kingdom until God says I am ready and the season has come. Unlike others in this generation, I believe that my Abba Father has pre-destined the best man for me to marry, and now more than ever I trust Him while I wait. It seems like a long time but even a good thing out of season (like a piece of fruit) enjoyable @ first, then more drama follow. Be encouraged while you wait, “For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.”(Heb 10:37)

--Author Miss Trapp

5 comments:

Lena said...

Awesome word! Thanks for sharing, that resonated with me and gave me some peace in an area that used to be a big deal to me, but that God has shown me what He wants me to be focused on right now and let me know that He's working on the rest.

Anonymous said...

Amen Miss Trapp! I have been blessed by this article. I am also in the waiting room and I am confident that the end result will be well worth the wait!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing... Waiting is hard, but also beilieve in surrounding myself with God's work, so I won't be ideal and wondering when my husband will come. Wondering takes up too much time.

GB

Anonymous said...

In life the tables are often turned and my waiting room which once felt like a waiting room you would find in a quiet suburban doctor's office has turned into a ER waiting room in a huge metropolitan city. Please don't misread my comment because I am ok where I am. It is just my bit of humor in my reality. In fact I can't complain because singleness is good and that does not mean it has been a bed of roses but because it is where God has called me to be. I do realize that he will come and I welcome the day but I understand that he too has some lessons to learn as the reason for his delay. Only in God's time will his path be clear and then and only then will preparation and opportunity meet. Patience at this time in my life really is the easy part because I am ok in my singleness and trying to live a life pleasing and acceptable to God alone. And I stand here still not because I have had all the support I should have in my waiting room (in fact painfully the opposite) but because God just has not spoken to me that I should move. In fact he reminded me of some prayers I prayed a couple of years ago. I remember so clearly where I was when I prayed those things. And now I find myself having one of my many Steve Urkel moments "Did I do that?" : ) Because I come to learn that what I have in mind for the answers to those prayers and what God's plan was for the answers can often be worlds apart. Did I say worlds?! : ) Anyway thank you for the article because it made me pray and stand firmer on God's promises!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the article and made me think of what is going on in my own waiting room in a different light. While in my waiting room I am dating someone and communication has become a slight problem. Trying to put the pieces together from what I remember of the old and what I have as the new has been difficult. I will preface this story by saying that I am slow when it comes to my life anyway. (Not completely a negative thing but just a I know this about me thing, better yet a working on me thing) So when others are trying to get her over the hump she becomes even slower. I have to take the information apart and put it back together again, again and again until it makes sense with what I know. I got it wrong a few times (ya think). I am the type of person that has to get all the information in one big swallow pieces just don't work that fast for me. Anyway the good news is the light bulb has come on, the thunder rolled whatever floats your boat but she got it! In fact her waiting room has become quite funny(inside joke).
On a serious note the person that is courting her told her some things she was happy about but on the flip side some things she was not so happy about. I believe I now have enough of the story together to firmly state she does not desire at this time to know anymore details. Have you ever heard of information overload. I can handle all of what I was told (in fact parts of it is quite funny when I think of some of the ways/words/expressions he used to tell me). Well anyway along time ago I prayed some prayers so I would know when to to be serious again about relationships and God has answered two of those prayers so I am officially committed to the process. For anybody in the sound of my words when the rules of the game change make sure all parties fully understand the rule change.