CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Compatibility Questions - Part 2


As promised, there are some additional compatibility questions that one should consider when evaluating a potential lifemate. Please don't minimize the importance of these questions as they could lead to conflict down the road in your relationship.

Consider the following:

1) Will one or both of you work when you start having kids?

2) Who will retain primary responsibility for managing the checkbook and household finances?

3) Does your potential mate allow his/her family to become too involved in your relationship? If so, are you willing to deal with this for a lifetime?

4) Does your potential mate allow his/her friends to become too involved in your relationship? If so, are you willing to deal with this for a lifetime?

I pray that the compatibility questions shared above will help prevent potential roadblocks in your relationship!

KP

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, those are all important questions to me and must be discussed esp if we're talking marriage. Good ones ,KP!....KG

Anonymous said...

KP, these are excellent questions. Thank you for the compatibility questions. SWOGOD ;)

Anonymous said...

The questions that you have posted are very important...especially the one regarding the management of finances...disagreements regarding finances are often grounds for a couples divorce.

Anonymous said...

You know interesting questions. Some of which to be honest I have not ever even thought about. Like question one, because for me I have always had to work and I was raised by a mother that worked sometimes 2-3 jobs and I love the type of work I do. However on the flip side after school I was raised by my grandparents who did not work and there was direct benefits from that time spent. So the best answer I have is it depends on what works best for my family unit in a modern day environment.
Ahh who holds the checkbook. To be honest I have not always been the best with money so I would hope that my spouse would be better at it than me. However, I enjoy learning more because I think it is important for both parties to completely understand houshold finances because if life events turn the tables the weaker party should be able to step up and not miss a beat.
I am very private (and I am posting on the internet?)my mother often jokes that I moved so she could not be so nosey. (hmm might be some truth to that: ). For real I like my privacy because over time I have learned that with family and friends misery loves company and hurt people hurt people so a whole bunch of third parties creates possible confusion. I am a firm believer that you go to the source of the problem to get answers not a third party because usually they are on the outside looking in and getting only half the story. In fact I have a friend that I admire because she and her spouse agreed a long time ago not to let family and friends interfer in their marriage. Occassionally she may say to me my husband made me so mad to vent but she never goes into detail and I understand never to ask for details. We just share a girlfriend moment. Hmmm, I guess something more for me to ponder....