CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Been There...Done That!!

Been There...Done That - (Isaiah 53:1-4)

No one is a stranger to sadness,grief, trouble, or depression. Regardless of age, sex, race, economic standing, or educational background we have all encountered upsets in our lives. You may find yourself looking at an infant or a child and reminisce on the carefree days of your youth, then breathe a silent prayer for the next generation.

Many of us in the body of Christ have settled into an abyss of grief and pain and have decided to embrace the mantra of "that's life". There is no cure for a virus. One must allow it to run it's course and treat the symptoms. There are those who have concluded that there is no cure for everyday woes and we should just deal with the hand we are dealt until things get better. I beg to differ. In Isaiah 53, God gives us a picture of His suffering servant. This chapter is the prophecy of Christ's coming spoken through Isaiah. Not only is His physical existence displayed, but His emotional turmoil and physical abuse is illustrated. The chapter concludes with purpose, victory, and reward. Isaiah 54 then opens with declarations of encouragement, what I like to call a "shake yourself" declaration.

God is NOT surprised by our sufferings. He knew what we would encounter before we were born. He knows the end from the beginning and all points in between. Before we encounter the problem, God already has the solution. The solution? Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior!

So then, how do we get beyond the symptoms and embrace the cure? You must know that:

1. Christ has the credentials to cure your calamities. (Isaiah 53: 3-5,7 and Hebrews 4:14,15)
2. Christ is concerned about what concerns you; He cares! (1 Peter 5:7)
3. Christ closed the case on your crisis. (Isaiah 53:11 and John 10:10)

As pilgrims in this barren land we will experience sadness, grief, etc. However we do not have to be overtaken by them. Jesus already paid the price! John 16:33 says, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." Rejoice my brothers and sisters knowing that Jesus understands our struggles and pains. He's been there, done that!

--Author KG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Thanks Kenny for sharing those wonderful words of encouragement. As a believer I have experienced many seasons in life. While going thru various trials my faith is strengthened knowing that all things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose (Rom. 8:28). It gives me great joy when I am reminded that God carefully planned my life before my existence. He promised never to leave me nor forsake me (Heb. 13:5)even during adversity and he won't put more on me than I can bear.

God bless,

SDK

Kenny Pugh (aka KP) said...

Thanks SDK for your comment! However, I cannot take credit for the entry posted titled 'Been There...Done That.' It was written by KG, but I agree...her article definitely blessed me too.