CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Day in the Mind of KP

I have received countless e-mails and comments regarding my personal pursuits of relationship. I would like to first offer-up that over the past several years I had no interest in becoming involved in a relationship. I had been scarred, heart-broken and totally disengaged from the idea of marriage. However, that is where God stepped onto the scene and caused me to check myself. I needed to become comfortable with myself again so that I could be used in a positive way by Him. There was a personal ‘detox’ that needed to take place in my mind, heart and spirit. Fortunately, I opened myself up to Him and let Him have His way in my life. The messages I preach about appreciating your season of singleness come from personal experience. Until you learn how to appreciate yourself, God’s work in you and the purpose He has for you, you will never achieve the abundant life He desires for you. My personal time away from relationships has allowed me to become proficient in analyzing, evaluating and counseling people through their issues. Five years of isolation and years of selfish relationship allowed me to formulate my current theory of What NOT-to-DO. You are simply beneficiaries of years of research and bad decisions made by my friends as well as myself.

I created this blog to help people build effective and healthy relationships and restore Kingdom families. I do not want anyone thinking that Chat Kafe with KP is my personal platform to boast and promote myself. Life is too short for egos and personal selfishness. Our society is decaying relationally at an alarming rate. I am tired of seeing relationships fail because two broken people try to come together as a solution to their issues. I am tired of seeing selfishness serve as the catalyst of destroying marriages. I am tired of children having to endure the pain of being separated like personal assets because their parents were unwilling to workout their personal differences. Those children end up harboring pain in their hearts and transfer the pain into future relationships. Enough is enough!!!

I want to serve as a vessel to promoting and building a foundation to healthy relationships. My perspectives may seem radical at times and that is okay. Vision allows me to see something that others cannot. My vision desires the following:

 More men and women desiring monogamous committed relationships
 More unmarried men and women serving in the Kingdom and in the community
 More men and women focused on giving to others rather than taking for themselves
 More open public communication about relationship issues

 No more failed marriages due to irreconcilable differences
 No more hurt women at the hands of irresponsible men
 No more children growing up in single parent households
 No more unhealthy relationships because of ignorance

Let me also dispel a misconception that is floating around about how I have everything together in my life relationally. I have allowed myself to appear perfect, untouchable and I sometimes put up the façade that I don’t love, hurt, laugh or desire happiness like everyone else. This perspective could not be farther from the truth. I have made some relational mistakes in life…even during my ministerial tenure. I am a very private person and often keep these things to myself or within my circle of accountability partners (notice…I said my accountability partners). This means that I too have an outside support group that helps me sort through my personal relationship dilemmas when I cannot come to a clear understanding on my own. Just because I coach people doesn’t mean that I don’t need to be coached. It is easier to see clearly outside of a situation than when you are in the middle of it.

For those of you who are interested in how I’m pursuing a ‘good woman’, understand that there are many good women out in the world. I have contemplated and considered approaching a few of the good women I know personally. However, as I often preach…there is a difference between a ‘good woman’ and the ‘good woman for me.’ I have stepped out of my comfort zone and only time will tell if the ‘good woman for me’ has already been found ;). Peace and blessings to you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

KP, thank you for stepping out of your comfort zone.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!! HALLELUJAH!! PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!

Lord, I thank you for the hedge of protection that you have placed around KP's home, heart and mind. I want to thank you for keeping him in perfect peace through these five years. Lord, I thank you for the healing that has come forth for in KP's life. It was nothing but the blood of Jesus.

YOU ARE AN AWESOME GOD!!!

SWOGOD

Lena said...

Thank you for sharing your purpose with us. It takes pure unselfishness to let yourself be totally used by God. I plan on learning as much as I can from you to become the person that God wants me to be - I know there's a reason why I'm here now and what I'm supposed to get from being here (here being Atlanta). The isolation that you speak of, I understand that. Just know that it won't be in vain.

Kenny Pugh (aka KP) said...

Thanks SWOGOD and Lena! I appreciate your positive encouragement.

Anonymous said...

BRAVO Brothah, BRAVO!!!! Thank you for being a transparent vessel in the Kingdom. We all have a story to tell (testimony) and those stories have purpose. I pray that your boldness and your message will be the catalyst for other men and women to be whole and healed, and strive for positive,loving relationships that are pleasing to God. I think about my own testimony and how the Lord has used me in this mending process for our sisters and brothers. Finding God's purpose for me in all of this has made the journey (inspite of the pain) worthwhile....KG

Anonymous said...

KP...it often takes a lot to open up and discuss your personal life to others, but it seems as if your humbleness is shining through! I really appreciate your dedication to your purpose and I'm elated to see that you are working towards a greater objective (helping to repair the current relationship dilemma in the African American society). Keep up the good work and know that your struggle is not in vain!

Anonymous said...

Hey KP!!

Let me start by saying that I truly enjoy your blog and it is and has been a blessing to have stumbled across it. I have been stopping by to check on ya since Nov of 2007, and your posts are always entertaining and informative.

Now that I've gotten all of the polite convo out...What are you telling us here?? Just think of me as a nosy, but very caring relative who wants to know if you're still "available?"

Kenny Pugh (aka KP) said...

Dear Anonymous,

Thanks for the support and encouragement! The beauty about writing content for my blog is that I have the opportunity to paint the picture I want people to see. I also am very intentional in ordering the steps of an overall story for my readers. Stay tuned...the next piece of the story will be shared soon.

Anonymous said...

Firstly, I would like to commend you on your honesty. Reading about your background as it relates to relationships has helped me, as a reader, to better understand where you are coming from with your commentaries. I believe you have modeled and encouraged extensive introspection, which is key to beginning and maintaining a healthy relationship. My question is: Whatever happened to taking a leap of faith, taking a risk, going with the flow, letting things happen? Sometimes the best things are unexpected and unplanned. Just when you think you have the 'perfect' 'what not to do' list, you meet someone with a characteristic you have never considered. It never ceases to amaze me how different people can be or how different I can be within the company of a particular person.

Kenny Pugh (aka KP) said...

Anonymous, thanks for the encouragement. As it relates to the leap of faith question you posed, I am in total agreement for leaps of faith when someone has become whole within themself. The problem is most people's leap of faith is an attempt to become whole by attaching or connecting to someone else. We have a lot examples of people who have taken leaps of faith because they were looking for someone to complete them. I'm a true believer that a leap of faith is rewarded when Christ is the foundation on which the leap is taken, not the person or object of affection :). I hope this makes sense!

First Lady said...

KP,
Words do not begin to explain the ways in which reading and responding to your blogs have helped me. I believe that God has truly ordained you for this hour. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with us. I wish you the best and continued blessings always.