CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Are You Tangled In Sin?



I had an opportunity to teach this lesson for Sunday School two weeks ago and thought it was so powerful that it needed to be shared with the masses.

We learn that when God’s people confess their sins, God responds by forgiving their sins and giving them a new start. If you want an excellent biblical illustration of the impact of sin, please review the story of David and Bathsheba in 2 Samuel Chapters 11 & 12.


Sin Must Be Confronted
o We often become tangled in sin due to a series of bad decisions or an obsession with a specific feeling. In order to make progress in dealing with our sins, we must first be willing to confront our sins.

Sin Is Personalized
o Too often we can be quick to point out the sins of others yet hesitant to admit our own sins. Even now we might need to take a personal inventory of the many things that can be considered unhealthy and sinful behavior. Let us not get caught up judging others for their behavior when we have not adequately addressed our own.

Sin Is Judged
o Our sins always carry spiritual consequences but also can result in devastating temporal consequences. Temporal consequences include damage to our physical and emotional health as well as damage to our families and careers. God graciously offers forgiveness to those who repent of their sins; yet some temporal results of sins may not be undone this side of heaven.

Sin Can Be Confessed and Forgiven
o We need to realize that our holy God is amazingly gracious and forgiving, willing to restore those who repent and confess their sins. Those who have committed sins and question if God will forgive them should take heart from David’s example of humble confession.

Brought to you by Chat Kafe, http://chatkafe.blogspot.com








Google Groups

Subscribe to Chat Kafe

Email:

Visit this group

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I did not have the privilege of this Sunday School lesson, I enjoyed reading the story of David & Bathsheba...

Sin will surely cripple you, burden you, and even hinder your praise, worship and testimony. From personal experience, I had to walk this journey a few years back and never want to take that particular route again. In addition, carrying the weight of anothers person sin on "top" of our own could take one so close to the edge....but Praise God...he will catch you before you fall.

Self examination is so important to our spiritual growth. I am my own worst critic and, at times, have been so hard on myself that I couldn't turn that thang around :) However, through repentance and the support of another mature believer, I was able to take my burdens to the alter and LEAVE them there....Once and for all!

My jovial, happy nature has returned which has allowed me the freedom to fellowship with other christians in a positive atmosphere. This is due to "not" being tangled in sin and releasing yokes that were surely burdening me down! I may not have all that I want/need at this time, but I am so happy to be able to laugh and smile from the inside which surely radiates outwardly.....

Musique's Poetry said...

Yes. I agree with the previous comment, sin is crippling. It hinders you from really getting to God. You know I had went so far that my very life was hanging in the balance. Sometimes it may seem a struggle, but you have to totally be real with God.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely....and since God is omniscient we should be nothing BUT straight with him...cause he knows anyway :).