CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Should Women Pursue Men???

Please join my blog in order to receive updates by completing the subscription section at the bottom of this page.

Workplace topic of the week…

How appropriate is it for women to approach men in pursuit of relationships?

The 21st Century has brought about many changes to the traditional way things have typically been done in our society. The evolution of education, family focus and equality has been influenced by the transition of our society. The independence factor of women has also blossomed as a result of our progressive society, inclusive of women’s comfort in pursuing whatever it is they desire in their hearts. Should this independence include pursuit of men for relationships? Or has this approach proven to be a detriment in the formation of long-term relationships?

I have argued in favor of and against the appropriateness of women pursuing men for relationship purposes, but would like to get your feedback.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I think it depends on what you want. I have been on both sides of the fence. I feel that flirting is okay. I feel that making your interest known is okay. I do feel however, that there is a line. A woman should not place herself in full pursuit of a man....that isn't God's biblical design. I think you just have to know where that line is. It varies from one person to the next.

Anonymous said...

This is an interesting one......it really depends. When you look at the stories in the Bible that highlighted the meeting/courtship of a man and a woman there were 2 different approaches. The man pursued the woman indirectly by way of sending a servant, or directly pursuing the woman himself. Then there is the situation where Naomi instructed Ruth on how to , how shall I say it, put herself in closer proximity. But remember, Boaz was checking her out before Naomi said a thing. God was working behind the scenes. Things are much different today, I agree. I don't believe a woman should go out of her way in pursuit of a man, no matter how much she wants him or how wonderful he is. She can run the risk of looking desparate. For the most part,men enjoy the thrill of the hunt. There's nothing wrong with showing interest,but you must be wise in how you show it. Speaking from experience, I have had my grill smashed before when I pursued a man and even when I expressed interest. Yes, there were times when my actions screamed "DESPARATE!!!" And there were those times that I was poised and cool,expressed interest and still continued solo. Wrong man? Wrong timing? God only knows. For me, I choose not to pursue a man. The man God has for me (if that is His will) is going to see the gift that I am and will actively pursue me. Nothing can stop a man from going after and getting what he truly desires. So, why should I spoil his fun and make the hunter into the hunted? (LOL!) If a woman chooses to do so,more power to ya! KG

Anonymous said...

Hi KP...can you elaborate on your arguments (for and against) the appropriateness of women pursuing men for relationships.