CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 5, 2009

Stop Sharing Your Business


I am often asked who I share my personal life with by those who cross my path. The answer to that question is quite complex and can best be summed up by saying “it depends.” For the most part, I share a lot of what’s going on in my life with those who read my personal blog. I am naturally a very quiet person who enjoys spending downtime alone in order to sort out my thoughts, generate new ideas and decompress from the stress of wearing many hats. Fortunately, blogging allows me to expose that side of my mind to those of you who have an interest in learning more about what goes on in my head.

For the more intimate areas of my life, I have a number of people I solicit feedback and advice from. The one lesson I’ve learned over time is NOT EVERYONE QUALIFIES FOR ACCESS INTO THE INTIMATE PART OF MY LIFE. I have separate people/advisors who provide input to my business aspirations, spiritual growth opportunities, relationship challenges (YES…the relationship coach seeks outside counsel when situations arise :)), ministry direction and ‘personal mess.’ My approach allows me to place my issues in the hands of those with a level of competency to help. Most people seek out specialized counsel in all areas of their lives except their ‘personal mess.’ The problem with this is they share too much of themselves with the wrong person/people. Your ‘personal mess’ is something that should only be shared with people who are extremely trustworthy and who have demonstrated a level of trust over a period of time. I look to those who apply Proverbs 11:12-13 to their lives…“A man who lacks judgment derides his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his tongue. A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret” The moral of the story is to identify people in your life who can hold their tongue. Otherwise, your secrets are as good as the ears of that person’s gossip friend(s). When in doubt, the Lord is your best source of confidence and direction.

If people around you insist on trying to learn more about your ‘personal mess,’ tell them IT'S NONE OF YOUR DOGGONE BUSINESS! :)

Brought to you by Chat Kafe, http://www.chatkafeonline.com








Google Groups

Subscribe to Chat Kafe

Email:

Visit this group

No comments: