CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Breakfast of Dreamers



What do B.I.G. Dreamers eat?

You are what you eat. That phrase is probably older than I am. As cliché as it may sound, it’s very true. If you eat junk food all the time, you’re going to feel like junk. The opposite is true too. If you eat healthy all the time, your body will respond appropriately.

That phrase doesn’t just apply to natural food. It also applies to your mental consumption habits. B.I.G. Dreamers understand they can’t eat anything and expect to have healthy, motivational, and progressive thoughts and actions. Your thoughts drive your beliefs, which drive your actions, which drive your lifestyle, which will determine your destiny. Therefore, your thoughts have to be in alignment with the direction that you want to move. Otherwise, you are impeding your own progress.

Your thoughts are a product of your environment and influences. These include all the sources of information and entertainment that you see, listen to (intentional), hear (passive), and read. All the people, places, and media with which you interact constitute to your mental food diet.

Let’s see what an extremely wise ancient Hebrew writer has to say about this topic:

“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” Philippians 4:8 (NIV)

Let’s take a closer look at these mental food groups:
- True: Real, authentic, genuine, legitimate
- Noble: Honorable, decent, reputable
- Right: Virtuous, moral, ethical
- Pure: Uncontaminated, wholesome, clean, honest
- Lovely: Attractive, appealing, pleasant, superb
- Admirable: Exemplary, commendable, respectable
- Excellent: First-class, exceptional, matchless
- Praiseworthy: Superb, righteous, wholesome

As you consider the conversations, media, and other sources of mental food that you eat, how do they measure up to this list?

Know yourself. Feed yourself.

I have a confession to make. I struggle with this topic, especially as it relates to media. One of my issues is that I’m a big fan of the cop-murder-mystery TV shows, such as CSI (all versions), NCIS, Law & Order, etc. You might be thinking, “what’s the big deal with those?”

Part of my calling/purpose is to pour “life” into people by equipping them to maximize their potential through motivational speaking, life coaching and business consulting. If I spend an inordinate amount of time watching stuff that is steeped in “death,” I am eating the total opposite of what I’m trying to produce. In essence, my media intake can give me mental constipation, restricting my creativity and effectiveness. Consequently, it will be harder for me to provide life-inspired ideas, suggestions, or motivation to those who are expecting and needing it from me.

Take an inventory of your current mental health diet. Just like it’s hard to change our food habits, it’s also hard to change our mental consumption habits. Understand, though, that it’s for your good. You will be much better off when your thoughts are unencumbered and free to flow in the area where you need them to be current, fresh, and creative.

From now on, eat like a B.I.G. Dreamer!
Paul Wilson, Jr.

Learn how to be a B.I.G. Dreamer with my book, Dream B.I.G. in 3D: How to Pursue a Bold, Innovative, God-Inspired Life! Get is here: www.DreamBIGin3D.com

Brought to you by Chat Kafe, http://chatkafe.blogspot.com








Google Groups

Subscribe to Chat Kafe

Email:

Visit this group

No comments: