CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 28, 2009

What Have You Learned About You?


The past week has been one of relaxation, reflection and mental preparation for the year to come. Unfortunately, I figured out that I’ve been living below expectations for myself. However, I was able to identify the source of my problem as being too busy living under the lofty expectations created by others. Fortunately, I’m so critical of myself that I’m always undergoing change will only allow goals to be set by me and God.

2010 will be a year of me utilizing my knowledge, gifts and passions to accomplish BIG things personally and for the Kingdom. I have a thorough understanding of the mortgage and credit industries, so I will use this knowledge to assist people with improving their personal credit while also fulfilling homeownership desires. I have a love-hate relationship with writing, but now know that it’s one of the ways God has allowed me to communicate with His people. Therefore, I will continue working on the various book ideas that currently sit partially complete on my computer. Finally, I have a passion to see people enjoying themselves and building relationships, so be on the lookout for more Chat Kafe events coming in the New Year.

One thing that remains on my spiritual radar is the continual battle I fight against my flesh. In 2 Corinthians 12:7 Paul speaks of a thorn in the flesh and I can readily identify with him. I lost my virginity when I was 13 years old, so sex was a regular part of my life until taking a vow of celibacy at 29. The positive lesson learned is God is ABLE to help you battle things that you can’t fight in your own strength. The negative lesson is Satan will continue to press the buttons he knows has the ability to knock you out of balance if you aren’t connected to God.

The reality of my experience (6 years) is the road hasn’t been smooth sailing without walking or hop-scotching the gray lines or times of passionate escape. Why do I share abstinence so passionately with those who pursue relationships? Because I recognize the power sex has over the hearts and minds of people who partake in the experience. I have had countless sexual experiences with women from different walks of life (being a Kappa and college athlete has its privileges). Why is this important? Because I’ve learned that no one is exempt from the powerful influence of sex in their relationships. Everyone thinks their situation is different because they’re sharing the experience with a ‘special’ person. However, think about all of the past ‘special’ people in your life and how you’ve given yourself to those unworthy of sharing what should be viewed as a worship experience. The reality is once you allow yourself to penetrate or be penetrated; your body continues yearning for that missing component to bring completion. Unfortunately, we search for the missing piece in the form of man/woman when it should be Christ.

I have learned that no person, whether they are a girlfriend or not, deserves to experience that side of me without a covenant/license. A license is required for gun ownership, dog ownership, to drive a car or motorcycle, but far too often we allow anyone with good game, a big butt or extraordinary sex appeal to lure us into meaningless physical relationships. I have learned that I desire so much more and cannot allow physical distraction to keep me from achieving the things God has for me. I shall not be defeated!

What have you learned about you?

Brought to you by KP
_________________________________________________________________________________
You can find credit information from KP at http://www.integrityconsultinginc.com.
You can find Chat Kafe information at http://www.chatkafeonline.com
You can find more personal blogs by KP at http://chatkafe.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Cynt said...

AMEN Kenny! I truly, truly understand.

Celibacy is a "tough" road to travel if you have already detoured and made stops along the way, but believe me ... prayer works. I am one who is traveling that road as well; three years and counting ...

I am not attempting to esteem or "pat" myself on the back about my journey, but I was with ONE man (my ex-husband) for over 20 years until I dated another man (1) during my separation period. It was an unpleasant relationship to say the least as I was truly broken at the time and he was "unworthy" of experiencing a part of me that I knew was sacred. However :), that is all behind me and I am grateful that I was able to move forward.

Under NO circumstances am I attempting to break this vow of celibacy with "myself" or ANY man who I encounter is practicing the same. I can honestly say that every large gluteus maximus is NOT looking for a squeeze! LOL However, I did learn a “hard” lesson of not being too transparent without an established relationship/interest or you run the risk of being labeled. It was a lesson well learned :)

NO FRONTING ... celibacy is NOT easy ... especially if two people are truly attracted and care for one another. I am grateful to God that no one has expressed that type of interest in me, so it has been easy for me to journey through in that regard. I look at that as a blessing ... not a curse as my time will come when God deems it appropriate. I just needed to turn it over to Him. I am prayerful and faithful that GOD’s WILL is going to be done as He keeps me while I continue to move in His purpose for now.

I pray as you continue to "stay" on your road and detour for “no one” unworthy of your time! May God bless and keep you Kenny :)