CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

All Work and No Play


What I have finally realized toward the latter part of 2009 is the necessity of enjoying life. I’ve taken more trips during the months of August through December 2009 than I had the previous two years combined. I didn’t realize how therapeutic a weekend getaway can be in the life of a person. Not to mention, I have had the opportunity to see and spend more time with my family towards the latter part of this year than I had in 2007 and 2008 combined.

What’s the moral of the story? All work and no play is an unhealthy approach to life. We have shifted into a society that prides itself of hustling in attempt to finally breakthrough and ‘make it’ in life. Working hard isn’t a bad thing, but working smarter is healthier more beneficial to the bigger picture. I’ve reflected on my life and realize that I SHOULD HAVE taken more time to myself and live life over the past 9 years. Unfortunately, I’ve allowed the demands other people place on my life to dictate my schedule. Guess what??? Not anymore .

I will still manage my ministry duties with the same level of compassion as I have in the past. However, I’m now learning to empower others and ask for assistance when needed. I expect great and mighty things to take place in 2010 and having fun will assist in this process. I encourage you to work hard, play hard and nurture the important relationships in your life. I declare and decree that you don’t have to be responsible for everything that takes place in life. Stop allowing yourself to be burdened and used as a crutch by people who may be better served learning through experience. Stop allowing yourself to be used by those who don’t have your best interest in mind. You have not been designated/assigned as Lord and Savior and sometimes people need to find solutions through prayer and fasting. Be willing to discern the difference between being a beacon of light for Christ and being a hindrance in the maturation process of someone.

Lord I thank you for Your illumination and how you speak to me when I am seemingly out of position. I thank You for saving me from myself during the times when it seems as if I’m going to make an unhealthy decision. I thank You for Your continual guidance in life as You seek to direct my path.

KP

Brought to you by Chat Kafe http://www.chatkafeonline.com and Kenny Pugh http://chatkafe.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Cynt said...

First, it is wonderful to learn that you have been enjoying yourself Kenny ... getting away is one of the most liberating experiences one can have.

When I read this post on FB and now here on your blogspot, I am "still" excited because I identified with it immediately. I HAD to make some changes (and still working on a few others) to my life ... it was imperative.

Enjoy your get-a-way AND holiday :)