CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Freelance Friday - 1/16/09 Choices of Life

We are just over halfway through the first month of 2009. Many of us have a renewed energy as we approach the conclusion of a year and head into the next. Prayerfully you haven't allowed yourself to settle back into the same routine you practiced in 2008. This week's Freelance Friday contribution comes from Kimberly Bradford who encourages us to be mindful of the choices we make. I pray you are motivated to action by Kimberly's blog entry.

*********************************************
The year 2008 seemed to fly by in many of our lives. In a way that’s a good thing due to the roller coaster ride of a year 2008 was for many. Nonetheless by the grace of God, WE MADE IT!

I had a conversation a couple of weeks ago with my friend/soror Gloria and she encouraged me to share this with the world. Our conversation was about how for the past month I have been in such a zone with working out and treating my body right. One night I had an epiphany: If I felt this good about the weight falling off, what would happen if I got rid of ALL of my dead weight? So I started revisiting situations where I know I had not completely let go. By doing so, it became such a liberating experience. Some situations called for me to reach out to people I hadn’t contacted in awhile, while other situations called for me to just give the benediction and let bygones be bygones. Nonetheless, I felt great! The last month has been a real eye opener for me. Although 2008 was by far been one of the roughest I’ve ever experienced I can truly say that I am at peace with many situations that I’ve faced. Most that have known me for awhile know how stubborn I can be and how even though I say I’m cool with a situation, somewhere deep down I let it simmer until it becomes like a pot about to boil over. I’m glad to say that part of my life has passed away. I’m in a happy place right now because I choose to be in a happy place. Now don’t get it twisted, I don’t have on some sort of rose colored glasses but I have come to this conclusion: I will pursue those things I have a passion for, I will handle situations that arise to the best of my ability and if things work out fine, but if not – learn the lesson and move on. Now this may not work for everyone but it’s worth trying if you believe it will help in your life. One thing is for sure, you can’t move forward until you stop treading water.

One day, I was sitting at lunch with my two nieces Danielle and Reilly. Reilly is the feisty 6 yr old and Danielle is the nonchalant 18 yr old. I was talking to Danielle and during our conversation she uttered “I can’t…” before I could offer a rebuttal Reilly sits up and says “Don’t say you can’t do something until you try!” It didn’t hit me then but on the plane back to Atlanta, it hit me… Out of the mouths of babes, Reilly was right! How do you know you can’t do something if you haven’t tried? Even better, Philippians 4:13 squashes the whole notion of "can't"! Goodness let me move on!

All I’m trying to say is it’s time to stop sitting on the sidelines and watching life go by.

Life is truly what you make it and it’s all about choices. I pray that you all choose to be happy, that you choose to love without limits or conditions, that you choose to take risks whether is starting a new career or stepping out of your comfort zone and that you all choose to follow your dreams and passions. Remember you’re the star of the show and God is the producer and director. So Lights, Camera, Action! The Producer is ready for His star to get out there and shine.

Make it happen in 2009!

Much Love,

Kimberly



Brought to you by Chat Kafe, http://chatkafe.blogspot.com








Google Groups

Subscribe to Chat Kafe

Email:

Visit this group

No comments: