CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Living the Celibate Life

Many of you know that I made a vow of celibacy when I rededicated by life back to Jesus Christ in December of 2003. Since making that declaration I have taken a personal stance of promoting a life of purity and staying the course of living a life pleasing to God. I have done many interviews and written several articles regarding living the celibate life. This was an easy proclamation for me to make because I wasn’t open to pursuit of relationships from 2003-2007. I decided it was best for me to remain focused on ministry and getting my personal house in order, which made it easy to stay out of harm’s way. However, as we enter into 2008, I am now open to the idea of developing a relationship and have become exposed to similar challenges that many of you face regarding temptations and enhanced desires of the flesh. I have decided to journal my journey throughout the course of this year and can hopefully provide some additional insight on relationship development while trying to live for Christ. Stay tuned for more details!

8 comments:

TooBlessedToBeStressed said...

Kenny,

I am definitely interested in seeing the details of your journey. You're right about celebacy being an easy proclamation when you're not even open to relationships. When you step into that whole relationship arena, your flesh pulls HARD against God's will. Especially if this is already a big weakness for you.

Although people profess to be Christians and to be attempting to live their lives for Him, they still get upset when you tell them "no" even when they say they aren't. I've seen this happen on the parts of both males and females. I am interested to see how you deal with this. It's easy to say "move on from that person", but how many times should you have to move on?? Especially when they know what the Word says about it, and they struggle just like you? Do you acknowledge their struggle as you do your own and pray for the strength of both parties to maintain and not pressure the other or really just "move on"?

Lena said...

I would be interested in reading and sharing any of the other articles you have written about celibacy. Can you provide links?

Kenny Pugh (aka KP) said...

The celibacy articles I have written are only available in hardcopy form because the magazines are now archived. I may seek opportunities to write as I transition into this next phase of my life.

First Lady said...

Impressive! I've only met one other man in my entire life that truly lived a life of celibacy and stood behind his beliefs. Congrats to you and I wish you well on your relational endeavors. Blessings...

Kenny Pugh (aka KP) said...

Thank you all for your encouragement! I've been doing it for a while, but will see how it feels sharing my journey with the public.

Anonymous said...

You definatley will have a captive audience. You never know, sharing your experience may be therapeutic for you. It worked for Sara Jessica Parker...lol. I have a challenge for you, "ALways keep your festivities HOLY!" :)You know I had to say it! I'm definatley rooting for your success. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad one man of God understands that "Chastity" is not only a feminine name.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!