CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The 'Wait' of Life


I have been recently reflecting on the many things currently taking place (work, ministry, school, personal ventures) in my life, and the significant ‘weight’ they have me under. Fortunately, the ‘weight’ that life currently has me under is not really of concern because I know God will not put more on me than I can bear (1 Corinthians 10:13). Once we realize God is a burden and load-bearer the temporary rigors and challenges will be viewed as minute in the grand scheme of life.

However, through my recent period of reflection, I have noticed the one life aspect I AM continually wrestling with…the ‘wait’ of life. Understanding the big picture vision and plan God has for my life has always been very important to me. In order to align with what God has planned for us as His children, it sometimes comes at the cost of being placed in a period of ‘wait’ before receiving His clearance to proceed forward or receiving an answer.

Its funny how many preachers and ‘church talking’ Christians are quick to throw out clichés on ‘waiting on the Lord’, etc., but we must recognize it’s much easier to speak on someone else’s situation. The outside words of encouragement do serve a purpose when spoken in love, but when we start dealing with the ‘wait’ of life, God is always the best source to plug into.

In speaking with a friend the other day, we concluded that the ‘wait’ of life is often something many of us don’t focus on until we need something from God. This usually generates an expectancy and impatience towards God when He’s already aware of the situation. Many of us need to go through a continuing education program that teaches us the art of ‘wait’ according to the Christian life. The ‘wait’ of life is directly correlated to the faith we have in God so remain encouraged when it seems as if things aren’t going your way. God is bigger than our situations and needs and has things under control despite our inability to understand. If you need a reference guide to waiting, please review Hebrews chapter 11 for testimonies.

Brought to you by Chat Kafe, http://www.chatkafeonline.com








Google Groups

Subscribe to Chat Kafe

Email:

Visit this group

No comments: