CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

For The Ones I've Loved, Liked and Tolerated...This is for you!

This article was written by my friend Kimberly Bradford and I know each of you will be blessed by it. Check it out!


I was reminded today that when I write, the message may not be for me but for someone else who may read it. So whoever this is for, I hope this helps you in some humorous kind of way. With that being said, this is dedicated to all the ones I’ve loved, liked and tolerated!

Facebook has been an interesting ride I reluctantly hopped on a few months ago and I must say it keeps getting more interesting by the day. My friends list has grown by leaps and bounds and I’m kind of digging the fact that I actually know a great portion of those on my list personally.

I had an interesting conversation a couple of weeks ago with a good friend. She had gone through my friends list and noticed a couple of guys I’ve dated in the past and was surprised to see that I accepted their friend request. The conversation started off quite interesting with the comment “I see you and *insert name* are friends on FB” I replied “Yeah it’s nothing major I either sent or accepted the request, what’s the big deal?” She went on and on about how she couldn’t believe after all that went down between *insert name* and I, she’s surprised I’d even want to allow them to communicate with me. I became quiet on the phone for a second and I simply replied “Why wouldn’t I?” By the time the conversation ended I was laughing at the fact that she was the one that was upset over me being able to let bygones be bygones and move on.

When it was all said and done, all she could say was “well you’re a good one.” You know what? She’s right, I am a good one. See I’ve realized that grudges are accessories that do not compliment my wardrobe! I mean, what do I look like being mad because a relationship didn’t work out? You mean to tell me I’m supposed to go around mean mugging because someone I used to date is either dating, engaged, or married to someone else? Child please, I EXPECT them to be with someone else! I dated them so that means they were educated, handsome, fun to be around and for the most part, we got along well enough to date for a period of time. So yes, I expect them to see other people and move on because rest assured, I haven’t been treading water either.

It is true the men I’ve dated over the years have resembled a good hand of spades: 5 with 2 possible (LOL) and like any good deck of cards I’ve had a couple of jokers thrown in the mix too. I haven’t always been this laid back discussing the past but thank God for maturity and wisdom because I tell you what, I can laugh about a lot of the situations I’ve been in and I have a good heaping portion of “run if you ever see this nature again” to help deter me from making the same bad decisions.

To the Ones I’ve Loved: Thank you. You’ve taught me how to really enjoy the moment, how to care for someone unconditionally and allowed me to be myself without fear of being transparent. We didn’t make it as a team but that doesn’t take anything away from our ability to play. It just means someone else’s playbook will be a better fit. Live Well, Play Fair and Pray Hard.

To the Ones I’ve Liked: Appreciate it. You’ve taught me that there’s no shame in attempting something more, that there isn’t anything wrong with expressing your feelings and that no matter what, we can still be friends. Did we miss out on something? Possibly, but we had fun despite the outcome. See you around.

To the Ones I’ve Tolerated: Kick Rocks. Yeah I said it… Beat it kid. I mean really you can stop with the “I’ve always had feelings for you” or the infamous “If I wasn’t with *insert name* I’d be with you.” For real you can’t expect me to settle for crumbs when the brother over there is ready to set out a six course meal for me! The truth is, if you wanted to be with me, you’d be with me. No, I’m not pining over you and no, I’m not waiting on you to leave her for me. I’m way better than that so in the infamous words of Palin “thanks but no thanks.” Peace, two fingers Chief.

See how easy that was? LOL…. Talk to you later Fam!

Kimberly Bradford

Brought to you by Chat Kafe, http://www.chatkafeonline.com








Google Groups

Subscribe to Chat Kafe

Email:

Visit this group

No comments: