CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

YES…I’m Human Too!!!


I’ve been reflecting on the event(s) that have taken place over the past week and had to take an assessment of what I’m giving off. Accepting a call into ministry places the minister in a position where the public looks at him or her under a different lens. This is why it’s very dangerous for those who enter into ministry for other reasons other than to share the message of Christ. The old folks say that many are called, but only a few are chosen. Most ministers don’t run towards the call of ministry and most will tell you they actually tried to run away. The reason is because of the AWESOME responsibility associated with sharing God’s message with His people. I tried to elude my call into ministry for years before I actually relinquished control and surrendered unto Him.

Ministry extends a special perceived power to the vessel God calls and this power can be both positive and negative. Unfortunately, because of people’s humanity, some desire to use it to manipulate and take advantage of those seeking to find hope through messages that are supposedly shared from the “Word of God!” However, others recognize that when the message of God is shared from a God-focused perspective, it can help transform the lives of people forever by offering salvation, hope, love, peace and comfort.

I accepted my call into ministry because I understood that God is in control and wanted to allow myself to be used for the purpose He created me for. I realized that He designed and purposed me to leverage my past successes and failures in order to pour into the lives of unmarried Christians across the world. Fortunately, I’ve had the opportunity to speak at singles conferences, workshops, Sunday morning services, panel discussions and more. Despite all of the doors God has opened for me, I still take periodic looks in the mirror and remind myself that I’m human too.

I am a man born of a woman with few days and full of trouble (Job 14.1). By virtue of my humanity, I too have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23). I have to be mindful about portraying an image that gives off an aura of perfection. Any ministry leader who operates with a pedestal mentality will ultimately fall or be struck down. God is jealous and won’t allow anyone to place himself/herself in a position to solicit worship.

I will continue blogging about my experiences, both positive and negative…I’m human too. I recognize the only vessel of perfection came in the person of Jesus Christ. I have and will continue to fall short, but won’t play God’s grace card as a reason to intentionally sin. I am a heterosexual man who is attracted to women. Because of my past experiences, I have to be very mindful of placing myself in compromising positions that may tempt me to cross the boundaries of purity. The same challenges unmarried Christians face in the journey of celibacy, I face and deal with daily too. I DO NOT desire to have people place me on a pedestal, but merely want to serve as an example for people to reference when and if they start to feel weary in the Christian walk.

I will continue preaching. I will continue speaking. I will continue promoting healthy relationships. I will continue teaching and facilitating workshops. I will continue learning to deal with temptations. I will continue living life daily by denying myself, taking up my cross and following Christ (Luke 9:23). But at the end of the day…I have to remember that I’m human too and need God’s continual mercy and grace.


Please subscribe to my blog to receive notification when future entries are posted.

Brought to you by Kenny Pugh – http://www.kennypugh.com and Chat Kafe – http://www.chatkafeonline.com.

No comments: