CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A New Season


Today marks the first day of Fall and I decided that it was time for me to make changes along with the season. I’m actually ashamed that I allowed the busyness of life to take me away from one of the things I thought was important to me…writing. Time will ultimately reveal if my writing is really a life passion or simply a fad. Se lah

I digress…

I never really paid attention to it, but it seems as if God was preparing me over the past couple of months for this change of season. For some reason I woke up this morning with an extreme sense of peace despite knowing something different is taking place in my life. As I posted via Facebook, I know I’m going through a purging process where it feels as if things are being shifted and removed from my life. This feeling seems very familiar and last time it occurred I ended up accepting my call into ministry, losing some ‘friends’ and making a vow of celibacy. It’s a great feeling to know God is able to provide a sense of peace during a time when I would have normally started to freak out (thinking back to 2004). I am humbled that my spiritual maturity has taken me to this place. I’m not sure if it was meant to correspond with today’s calendar change of seasons, but God seems to align things in a way that only He can receive the glory. A new season brings about opportunity for new experiences and new praise!

What is the moral of the story for you?
1. Recognize that God is always in control of life no matter what it looks like.
2. Give God praise in advance for the things that are taking place in your life even when they don’t feel good to you.
3. If everyday seems comfortable to you, then you have to ask if you are truly being expanded.
4. Be willing to sacrifice and let some things/people go in order to make room for the new things/people God wants to send your way.
5. When you begin to doubt, refer to point #1.

Please subscribe to my blog to receive notification when future entries are posted.

Brought to you by Kenny Pugh – http://www.kennypugh.com and Chat Kafe – http://www.chatkafeonline.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen KP!!! I haven't known you long, but what I can definitely discern is that there is a great fire/passion in you to do God's will. That's a beautiful and wonderful thing! One thing that you pointed out in the Image Mission's Trip meeting the other night that we have just being assigned to "GO". It's a really simple word with alot of impact. It really moved me to just be open to do whatever God says do, when He says do it. To walk unafraid--because he will be there to equip me--experience or not! I respect the season that you are in, because it's really just what you said "a purging process". Though this is a morbid analogy--it helps me see what God is doing in my life and the life of others that have responded to the call to be consumed with doing our Father's business. I think as we go through life, we become glutonous in terms of consuming all the things the world has to offer. Some things nutritious to our function in the kindgom and others not so nutritious and dampens our function. In the midst of it--some times we have to excrete those things that are wasteful and toxic. Those things that "back-up" the flow of the power of the Holy Spirit moving in us. Sometimes the purge may not look good, feel good at the time, and sometimes when it's excreted it doesn't always "smell" too good (lol). In the end...regardless of the purge--we feel much better and lighter in the end.

I know a morbid description---but remember, I'm medical, so don't pick at me #redcheeks

It is my prayer that during this season of purging that you are light enough for the Holy Spirit to flow through you without hesitation--Light enough on yoru feet to be drifted in any way the Holy Spirit moves you and when you reach the areas in which you are drifted--all that lies in store there will far exceed your expectations.

Thank you for your transparency, passion and availability!

Your sister in Christ,

Brandi