CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cocoon Experience


It’s been a very interesting past couple of weeks for me. I approached the end of 2009 with every intention of hitting the ground running full speed ahead in 2010. Unfortunately, or fortunately, the Lord changed my agenda during my Christmas vacation in Miami, Florida. Isn’t it just like Him to flip the script on you just so you ultimately recognize Who is ultimately in control of life and its direction? Well…as always, it ended up being a time of preparation for what is going to take place in 2010. In other words God was placing me in a cocoon in order to prepare for the next level of my journey.

Upon my return to Atlanta I began contemplating on what ministry theme God wanted the single adult ministry of Elizabeth to follow in 2010. The one recurring theme that came up over and over and over again was that of ‘OBEDIENCE.’ It’s obvious that obedience is not one of those catchy, flashy or Hollywood-selling ideals, but it definitely speaks to self-discipline and reverencing the presence of God in your life.

As always when God wants to address something, He typically deals with the leader first. The first thing He instructed me to do as an act of obedience in closing out 2009 was to eliminate spending excess time on blogs, Twitter and Facebook. It’s definitely been an interesting twist in my life because I had become so attached to providing status updates and words of inspiration. However, during my cocoon experience, I have received much rest, peace of mind and life illumination. I am like a caterpillar being prepared for release as a butterfly. I am now better positioned to lead people forward in accomplishing great things in 2010. Isn’t it interesting how God uses cocoon experiences to reveal subtle things that can help transform a person’s life?

My cocoon experience led me to focus on living a life of total obedience. Are you willing to be obedient to God’s voice and direction?

Brought to you by Chat Kafe, http://www.chatkafeonline.com and
Kenny Pugh, http://chatkafe.blogspot.com.

No comments: