CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 11, 2009

Heroes in Disguise by Paul Wilson, Jr.


Often when I ask someone, "What do you want to do with your life?” they answer, "I want to help people." Then when I ask the follow-up question, "How do you want to help people?" and they answer, "I don't know. I just want to help people."

While it's great that you want to help people, not having a clear understanding of your purpose and a specific direction in life can lead to misfires, misplacements and missed opportunities. Consequently, it can become very frustrating to not know your purpose and to keep running into dead ends while trying to figure it out. I would like to present a different approach to the “what’s-my-purpose” discovery process.

Growing up I was thoroughly fascinated by superheroes and their super powers. Some of my favorites were Spiderman, Flash, and Green Hornet. I always wondered what it would be like to have super powers. There were so many cool powers - being able to fly, run at hyper-speeds, invisibility, incredible strength, etc. - it was hard for me to choose the one I wanted the most.

At some point in time, I’m sure most people have thought about what it would be like to be a superhero (I know I’m not the only one). Fortunately, you don't need super powers to have a super impact. Our society needs everyday heroes who utilize their special talents and skills to make other’s lives better.

So let’s think about your purpose in terms of you being somebody’s hero – and let’s have a little fun while we’re at it. Here are some questions to get you started. If you were a superhero…
- What powers would you want to have?
- Who would you want to help?
- How would you help people?
- What cause would you fight for?
- What would be your slogan?

Although this is a somewhat playful exercise, your answers to these questions could shed some light on your passions, purpose, and proficiencies - and what you are ultimately supposed to be doing with your life. Analyze your responses for clues that might give you an idea of where your unique talents and skills should be directed.

You don’t have to wear a special suit to be super. You can be an everyday hero. Just use what you have to the best of your ability to help as many people as possible.

What are you waiting for? People are waiting to be rescued!

Dream B.I.G.,
Paul Wilson, Jr.
www.DreamBIGin3D.com

Brought to you by Chat Kafe, http://www.chatkafeonline.com








Google Groups

Subscribe to Chat Kafe

Email:

Visit this group

No comments: