CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Change of Direction


Last night I suffered through the worst night of sleep I’ve encountered in quite some time. However, after further reflection, the restlessness of my sleep pattern has now been revealed as a sign of God trying to recapture my attention. I find myself operating at such a hectic, ongoing pace, that God can only really speak to me when I’m dead tired and my environment is silent.

This recurring wrestling match between life and ministry is a personal battle of me discerning the difference between my will and God’s will. Ultimately, no matter how much we put our hands in the ongoing details of life, God will ultimately show His hand and guide us in the direction we are supposed to go.

It is very apparent that I’m really supposed to be going in a different direction with my life, but only remain attached to certain areas so I won’t disappoint others around me. I know and recognize the expanded assignments on the horizon, but need to first release some of my current assignments in order to be positioned to receive my new ones. Luke 9:23 speaks specifically about picking up one’s cross (burdens, barriers, assignments) with a willingness to follow Him. Far too many times we find ourselves fixed in certain phases of life and refuse to let go of certain assignments in order to move forward.

Thank you Lord for meeting me with Your mercy not allowing me to serve as a continued barrier to my greater purpose in life!

Brought to you by Chat Kafe, http://www.chatkafeonline.com








Google Groups

Subscribe to Chat Kafe

Email:

Visit this group

1 comment:

cynt said...

Amen! Changing direction can be difficult as it causes us to leave our comfort zone and/or step into unfamiliar territory. However, when God leads, we must obey and follow as I too have recently changed directions toward God's purpose for my life. With God as your tour guide, you can be assured that you are certainly on the right path and won't lose your way as you continue on your journey of life.